This is a simple sabzi which my mother makes. Simple yet yummy.This sabzi tastes well with pooris as well can be used as a filling for Masala dosa.
- Potatoes 2 Big (Boiled and mashed)
- Onions 2 medium size (preferably red onions) chopped
- Green chillies 2 (slit into two)
- Turmeric (haldi) 1/2 tsp
- Urad dal 1/2 tsp
- Mustard seeds (rai) 1/2 tsp
- Hing 1 pinch
- Salt as per taste
- Sugar 1 tsp
- Lemon 2 (i used 2 small key limes)
- curry leaves 5-6
- Cilantro (dhania leaves) chopped
- Oil 2 tsp or just enough for the tempering or tadka (If you are using a nonstick kadhai you will need less oil or else you will need little more)
- red chillies 1-2
- Heat little oil in the kadhai. When the oil is hot, add urad dal,rai, red chillies and curry leaves.
- When the rai starts to crackle, add hing and haldi.
- Now add the chopped onions and saute them till they start to carmelize.
- Add the green chillies and mix well.
- Add in the mashed potatoes and mix the mixture well.
- Add the salt, sugar and lemon juice and cook the mixture covered for a minute or two.
- In the end add chopped cilantro and turn off the heat.