This is my take on my mom's banana rasayana. Its a simple dessert that is easy to make and is super tasty.
- Banana 3 finely chopped
- Evaporated milk 1 cup
- Low fat milk 1 cup (You can use whole milk if you want)
- Elaichi or cardamom powder 1/4 tsp
- Almonds or badam about 10
- Sugar 2-3 tsp (you can add more or less depending to your taste buds)
- Soak the almonds in hot water for an hour and remove their skin.
- Grind them into a fine paste using little milk.
- Now take evaporated milk and lowfat milk in a thick bottomed vessel . Heat the milk stirring continuously.
- Add sugar and the ground almond paste into the milk. let it come to a boil.
- Once it starts boiling , reduce heat and let it simmer for 5-6 minutes.
- Turn off the heat.
- Add the elaichi powder.
- Once the milk and cooled down keep it in the fridge .
- When it is cold, add in the chopped bananas and serve.
Note: You can also add saffron strands to the milk when it is boiling.