Spicy garlic chutney
- 10 large garlic cloves peeled
- 1/2th cup dry coconut grated
- 1/2 tsp cumin seeds or jeera
- 2 tbsp red chilli powder (Adjust this quantity as per taste)
- 1 tsp oil
- Salt to taste
- Heat oil in a pan and saute garlic, cumin seeds and coconut for 2 to 3 minutes over low to medium flame. Be careful to keep an eye on the garlic and coconut mixture because coconut turns brown very quickly.
- Cool the mixture and make a powder.
- You can serve this chutney with batata vadas.
- As variation to this recipe, you can add in some roasted peanuts that have been powdered to the above list of ingredients. In addition to it, add 1 tsp of dry mango powder or amchur.
- You can vary the quantity of red chilli powder is depending on your taste buds.