- Milk 8 cups (approx 2 litres) I usually use the full fat milk or as they in US the Vit D milk.
- Vinegar 2 tbsp
- Heat the milk in a thick bottomed vessel. Bring the milk to a boil.
- When the milk has come to a boil , lower the heat and add the vinegar.
- Continue to heat for a minute or two and then switch off the heat.
- Close the vessel and keep it aside for 5-7 minutes.
- Once the water has separated, strain the curdled milk through a muslin or a cheese cloth.
- Run cold water through the curdled milk to remove the flavor of vinegar
- hang the cloth with the paneer for couple of hours till most of the water has gone.
- In my case, I put the straining cloth over a colander. Then put the curdled milk in it. Make a potli from the cloth and keep a heavy object over it which helps in squeezing out the moisture.
- Once all the moisture is gone, you can cut the paneer in to cubes and store it in the freezer for later use.