This is an amazing snack.So amazing that it just melts in your mouth. I found this recipe in www.madhurasrecipe.com. Without saying much let me give you the recipe right away.
- 1/4th cup ghee
- 1/4th cup milk
- 1/4th cup sugar
- Approximately 1 1/2 cup of all purpose flour
- Pinch of salt
- 1 tsp sooji
- Take the milk and ghee in a microwave safe bowl and heat for a minute.
- Add the sugar and stir well.
- Once the mixture has cooled a bit, start adding the flour little by little and start kneading it into a dough.Also add the sooji and salt at this time. The quantity of the flour is approximate.You might need a bit more or less.The dough should be soft yet not very loose.
- Now cover and keep this dough aside for 30 minutes.
- Make balls from the dough and roll them out like thick parathas.
- If you want you can cut off the crooked edges. I dont do that because they taste good anyways:)
- Cut them in to desided shapes and fry them . Remember not to keep the heat in high. Once the oil is hot, cook these in low-medium heat.
- Fry them till they are golden brown in color and remove them from oil and drain off the excess oil in a paper towel.
- Once cooled, store them in an air tight container or ziploc bag.
- You can reduce the amount of ghee but the it wont taste the same. I usually make this for diwali, hence during festival time i do not like to compromise on taste. But again the choice is yours.
- If you do not have ghee, you can use melted butter.