Easy fruit cake does not contain alcohol and is also called BOILED FRUIT CAKE since most of the ingredients are boiled in the process of making the cake. This is a very easy to make cake that does not need any stand mixer or gadgets like that .
So here is the recipe. Try it and enjoy .
Source:Joys of baking
- 1 cup (210 grams) firmly packed light brown sugar
- 1 cup (240 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (55 grams) butter diced
- 1 tsp (2 grams) cinnamon powder
- 1 tsp (2 grams) dry ginger powder
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 2 cups (300 grams) seedless raisins
- 2 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1/2 cups (195 grams) all purpose flour
- 1 tsp (5 grams) baking soda
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 cup (150 grams) candied and chopped mixed peel
Note: When baking, see to it that the measurements are accurate.Rather than using the cup measurements , i focus more on their weight in grams. So it would be wise to invest in a good kitchen weighing scale for perfect baking.
- Preheat oven to 350 F( 180 degree C). If you are using a dark coated pans, then preheat the oven to 325 F (160 degree C).
- Butter or spray with a nonstick spray, a 9 x 5 x 3 inch (23 cms x 13 cms x 8 cms) loaf pan. I use PAM nonstick baking spray.
- In a large saucepan,heat over medium the brown sugar, spices, water, butter and raisins. Bring it to a rolling boil. Boil for 5 minutes and take it off the heat. Keep it aside to cool down to room temperature.
- When the mixture has come to a room temperature, stir in the lightly beaten eggs, flour, baking soda, vanilla extract and the candied fruit.
- Pour in to the prepared pan and bake for 55-60 minutes until the toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Remove the loaf pan from the oven and let cool on a wire rack.
- Cover and store for a few days before serving. This cake can be frozen.
I tried making a video , so go ahead and check it out :)