- Carrots (peeled and grated) : 1/4 cup
- Red onions :1/4 cup
- Tomato (seeds removed and finely chopped) : 1/4 cup
- Green chillies (finely chopped) : 1 (optional)
- Semolina / Sooji / Rava : 2 tbsp
- Cream : 2 tbsp
- Chaat Masala : 1/2 tsp (readily available in Indian stores) plus some more for sprinkling
- Cilantro (chopped) : 2 tbsp
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Bread (I used wheat bread) : 4 slices
- Little butter
- Mix all the ingredients except butter and the bread. Keep it aside.
- Spread the prepared mixture on the bread.
- Heat a pan. Place the bread on the hot pan (keep the filling side down). Cook for a couple of minutes by pressing the bread with the back side of a spatula.
- Apply little butter on the top surface of the bread and flip the bread so that the other side get toasted well. You can flip once or twice more until well cooked and toasted.
- Slice the toast in rectangular or triangular pieces. Sprinkle some chaat masala on top.
- Serve with cilantro-mint chutney or tomato ketchup.