Every one has their own special weekend routine..something that they need to do without fail.. You guys are going to laugh when I tell you what is a "must to do" Sunday activity.... Go shopping to COSTCO. You might ask why SUNDAY. The reason is every sunday, Costco has several stall of different food items to sample. If you are new to COSTCO, I will tell you one thing. Costco sells great products.. good brands and a lot of variety. But sizes are huge. So when buying a new food product, I would feel much safer if I get to taste them before buying a huge pack and thats the reason my friends I do a routine Costco visit on Sundays:)
So on one such Sunday visit, they had a stall where they were serving small sized tandoori naans . They were so good and moreover the size was of each of these Naans was just perfect.. Thats when the idea of a Naan Sandwich came to me.
So once the bread was decided, the next step was deciding the sauce or chutney. Instead of using the traditional cilantro mint chutney, I decided to go with the pesto sauce.The rest was simple...layers of sliced veggies..add a slice of chees..voila sandwich is ready:)
- Mini sized Tandoori naan (I used Tandoor baked Mini Naan from Stonefire flatbreads) : 6-8
- Pesto sauce
- Tomato : 2 medium (Thinly sliced )
- Red onions : 1 large (Thinly sized)
- Cucumber : 1 medium (Thinly sized)
- Cheese slices (I used Pepper jack cheese) : 3-4
- Lettuce leaves
- Warm up the Naans in the oven preheated to 400 F (if using the naan at room temperature, heat them for 1 minute. If using refrigerated naans , then heat for about 2 minutes. If frozen, then about 4-5 minutes)
- Now start assembling the ingredients. Take two pieces of warm naan pieces. Spread some pesto sauce on one side of both the pieces. On one piece of naan, place the sliced veggies in layers. I first placed tomatoes, then onions, then cucumbers then tomato again. Then, place a slice of cheese. Last add a fresh lettuce . Cover it with the other naan piece.
- Using a knife cut it in to two pieces.
- Vegetable Pesto naan sandwich is ready:)
This is my second entry to the Blog Hop event "Sandwich specials".