Lassi is a yogurt based drink that is very popular in the Indian subcontinent. Lassi could be either savory or sweet. It is a blend of yogurt , water, spices and sometimes, fruit. Today, I will be sharing with you all a delicious recipe for SWEET LASSI.
Sweet Lassi is very popular in Punjab. Do visit a Punjabi Dhaaba and order a Aloo parata and Lassi combo. Believe me, its a total bliss. Punjabi sweet lassi is very thick and is topped with malai or cream. Traditionally, it is prepared by churning with a wooden whisk but it tastes equally good when prepared with a blender too.
The Sweet Lassi recipe that I will be sharing today is much lighter and very easy to prepare too. Serve it chilled and you have a perfect refreshing drink for a hot summery day.
Note: All measurements are based on the US measuring cup and spoon sizes where 1 cup = 235 ml
- Plain Yogurt (chilled): 1 cup (I used homemade low fat yogurt)
- Milk (chilled) : 1 cup (You can use cold water instead)
- Sugar : 5 tbsp (or as per taste)
- Cardamom powder / Elaichi powder : 1/4 tsp
- Ice cubes (optional)
- Saffron : A small pinch
- Crushed almonds and pistachios for garnish
- Blend yogurt, milk (or water), sugar, saffron and cardamom powder in a blender .
- Take some ice cubes in two tall glasses.
- Pour the lassi in these two glasses.
- Garnish with crushed pistachios and almonds.
- Serve immediately.
This post is a part of the Blog Hop event "Beverages". Check out other amazing beverages from the Culinary Hoppers team .. Piyali (Raibi) . Anu (Strawberry Coconut cooler with Kiwi and Lime, Strawberry Banana Yogurt Drink), Vani (Beverage Collection) , Jayashree (Iced Expresso) , Padma (Honey Ginger Lemonade, Mint Flavored watermelon Cooler, Virgin Pina Colada), Sonal (Jamun Amla Panna) , Shailja (Musk Melon Cooler) and Swati (Roohafza Applade)