Note: All measurements are based on the US measuring cup and spoon sizes where 1 cup = 235 ml
- Spinach / Palak : 4 cups (washed and chopped)
- Potato / Aloo : 2 cups (peeled and cubed. Keep the potato cubes in water until ready to use)
- Onion : 1 cup (finely chopped)
- Ginger : 1 tbsp (finely grated)
- Garlic : 1 tbsp (finely grated)
- Lemon juice : 1 tsp
- Turmeric powder / Haldi : 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder/ Dhania powder : 2 tsp
- Red chilli powder : 1/2 tsp (increase or decrease the quantity as per taste)
- Sugar : 1 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Oil : 1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds : 1 tsp
- Cumin seeds / Jeera : 1/2 tsp
- Curry Leaves : 6-8
- Dry Red chillies : 2 (broken)
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan. When hot, add the mustard seeds, cumin seeds and dry red chillies. When the seeds start to splutter, add the curry leaves.
- Add the chopped onion , ginger and garlic. Saute until the onion slightly changes color. Then, add the potatoes and turmeric powder. Mix well. Cover and cook on low-medium heat until the potatoes are almost cooked.
- Add the chopped spinach and mix well. Add the coriander powder, red chilli powder , salt and sugar. Mix well.
- Cook until spinach is done . Lastly add the lemon juice , mix and turn off the heat.
- Serve hot with rice or rotis or parathas.