Now coming back to my post, today I will be sharing with you a recipe for PANEER BHURJI. Paneer bhurji is a great dish. It goes well with phulkas , it makes a great stuffing for the puff pastries and so also as a stuffing for bread sandwitches.
- Paneer - 400 gms
- Onion - 1 big (finely chopped)
- Tomatoes - 2 medium (chopped)
- Green peas - 1/4 cup
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin seeds - 1/2 tsp
- Cumin powder - 1/2 tsp
- Coriander powder - 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder - 1/2 tsp
- Ginger garlic paste - 2 tsp
- Salt to taste
- Curry leaves- 4-5
- Amchur powder - 1/4 tsp
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Cilantro or coriander leaves - 2 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Oil - 2 tsp
- Grate the paneer.
- Heat the oil in a nonstick kadhai or pan.
- When the oil is hot, add the cumin seeds and curry leaves.
- Add the onions and then add the ginger garlic paste and cook. I like to add the onions first because if you add the ginger garlic paste first and if the oil is too hot, it tends to burn the paste and take away the beautiful flavor.
- When the onions have cooked, add the tomatoes and cook them.Add the peas and cook it . I used the frozen kind, hence thawed it first and then used. it cooks up pretty fast.
- Then add the turmeric powder, amchur powder, cumin powder, coriander powder, garam masala and red chilli powder.
- Add the grated paneer and mix well.
- Cook for about 2-3 minutes in low- medium heat.
- Put the chopped cilantro leaves and mix.
- Serve with hot phulkas.
Note: You can also add chopped bell pepper to bring in some extra flavor.