Mooli or Radish was never my favorite vegetables until i started making these parathas. Its a favorite in my house next to aloo ka paratha which will always be the number one:)So without saying much, let me share with you all my recipe for these yummy and nutritious parathas:)
For the Stuffing:
- Mooli or Radish (Grated) - 1 cup
- Onion (finely chopped) - 3/4 cup
- Ginger(grated) - 2 tsp
- Cumin / Jeera Powder : 1/2 tsp
- Coriander Powder : 1/2 tsp
- Turmeric powder / Haldi - 1/4 tsp
- Red chilli powder - 1/2 tsp or as per taste
- Garam masala powder - 1/2 tsp
- Salt as per taste
- Cilantro or dhania leaves - 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Oil - 2 tsp
For the dough:
- Wheat flour / Gehun ka atta : 1 cup
- Pinch of salt
- Water as needed (I used approx. 11/4 cup. You can use the water squeezed out of the radish)
- Oil : 2 tsp
- Grate the raddish and put some salt to it and set aside.The radish will leave a lot of water.
- Squeeze out the excess water and keep this water aside. You can use this water to make the atta for the paratha.
- Now heat oil in a non stick kadhai. When hot add the onions. To this add the grated ginger and mix.
- When the onion has changed color, add the grated radish and stir.
- Cook till all the moisture from the radish has evaporated. Add the masalas and salt and mix well.
- When the mixture is ready, lastly add the cilantro leaves. Set the mixture aside to cool.
- Now make the atta for the paratha. The procedure is the same as with making chapatis. Just make sure that the dough neither too stiff nor too loose. Use the water squeezed out of the radish to make this atta.Cover this atta for about 15 minutes before you start making parathas.
- Make balls of the stuffing. It should make about 6 parathas.
- Make golf sized balls of the atta. Flatten them with your hand . Place the stuffing in the center and close the dough.
- Using some dry atta flour roll out the parathas. Do Not roll it too thin.
- Heat a tava. When the tava is hot, add the prepared paratha.
- When one side gets cooked, flip the tava over, spread some oil. When the other sides also gets cooked spread some oil. and cook till see nice brown spots.
- Serve the parathas hot with pickles and yogurt.