- Cooked Rice (I used Basmati rice) : 4 cups
- Red Onion : 1 cup finely chopped
- Garlic : 2 tbsp finely chopped
- Green Chillies : 2 (Slit them into two)
- Cumin Seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Mustard Seeds : 1/2 tsp
- Dry Red Chilli : 1
- Curry leaves : 5
- Cashew nuts : 2 tbsp
- Turmeric Powder : 1/2 tsp
- Red Chilli Powder : 1/4 - 1/2 tsp (Adjust according to taste)
- Salt to taste
- Cilantro : 2 tbsp
- Lemon juice : 2 tsp
- Oil : 2 tbsp
- Heat oil in a thick bottomed pan. When the oil is hot, add the cumin seeds, mustard seeds, dry red chillies, curry leaves and cashew nuts. Fry until the seeds splutter.
- Add the chopped garlic, onion and green chillies and saute. Fry until the onions turn translucent.
- Add in the turmeric powder and red chilli powder.
- Add the cooked rice and mix well. Also add the salt at this point.
- Lastly add, the lemon juice and the chopped cilantro and give it a final mix.
- Serve hot with raita or plain yogurt.
Do try other Rice dishes :