School vacations have started. That means , my kiddo is always at home asking for one thing or the other. Also, to keep him busy, there are play dates, trips to the library or pools. All this leaves me with practically no time for blogging:( When the day starts, I decide that I will spend a couple of hours at night to work on the blog. But by the time its night time, I am so tired that all I want is to hit the bed. But I have been feeling so guilty that I havenot posted any thing in a while so decided that I will post atleast one recipe by EOD.
So today, I will be sharing with you a recipe for a Thai Curry. I have adapted the recipe from here . This veggie curry is mildly spiced and mind blowingly delicious :) I have used alot of veggies but in case you like the curry more gravyish, then reduced the quantity of veggies. Also you can play with the choice of veggies.
The time consuming part is chopping the veggies, rest gets done in no time. So with out much delay, let me show you how you can prepare this delicious curry.
Note: All measurements are based on the US measuring cup and spoon sizes where 1 cup = 235 ml
- Red bell pepper : 1 medium sized (cut into thin stripes)
- Onion : 1 medium / 1 cup (thinly sliced)
- Zucchini : 1 small / 1 cup (cut into thin semi circle discs)
- Carrot : 2 medium sized (finely chopped)
- Fresh baby spinach : 1.5 cups (finely chopped)
- Ginger : 1 inch / 1 tbsp (finely grated)
- Garlic : 1 tbsp (finely chopped)
- Thai Red Curry paste : 2.5 tbsp (I used store bought brand THAI KITCHEN)
- Coconut milk : 1 can (14 oz)
- Sugar : 1 tsp
- Oil : 1 tbsp
- Soy sauce : 2 tsp
- Rice Vinegar : 1.5 tsp
- Sriracha Hot chilli sauce : 1 tbsp (Adjust according to taste)
- Salt as per taste
- First, get all the veggies ready.
- Heat oil in a deep bottomed pan. When hot, add the onion, ginger and garlic. Sprinkle some salt. Cook for a few minutes until the onions are translucent.
- Add the bell pepper, carrots and zucchini. Cook until the veggies are just cooked (not mushy).
- Add the red curry paste , mix and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the coconut milk and the chopped spinach.Also add 3/4 cup water and sugar. Bring it to a boil and the reduce the heat and simmer until all the veggies are perfectly done.
- Add the soy sauce, rice vinegar and sriracha sauce and mix . Adjust the salt if needed.
- Lastly add the chopped cilantro leaves and turn off the heat.
- Serve Thai red curry with some hot steamed rice:)